This is probably a very good example of why you need to have a well managed PPC program. I saw the link to dumb PPC ads on Stundubl and just had to share it here.
Here are my favs:
Why SEO is better than PPC – No bid wars, and crappy sites don’t cost you
Why PPC is better than SEO – You optimize a page for conversions, not search engines
A few more more reasons why I think SEO is better than PPC
– You DON’T have to worry about Click Fraud
– You DON’T have to pay for just visitors
– You make your website accessible to humans and search engines alike and thus make the WEB a better place
Why PPC is better?
– You DON’T have to worry about algo change
– You DON’T have to worry about three way linking or any kind of linking
– You deploy good usability to attract and promote the site, discouraging the need for directories created solely for the purpose of linking and make WEB a better place.