Google adds “Writely” – another promising web 2.0 startup to it’s kitty. Writely – ‘web word processor’ is the first product of “Upstartle” a Silicon Valley based software development company.
Writely allows users to store and work with text documents on the Web. It’s features allow you to:
– Chose exactly who can access your documents
– Edit your documents from anywhere – requiring only a browser for operating it
– Secure storage of documents with backup every 10 seconds
– Currently allows creation of documents with upto 500KB size and 2 MB of embedded images
– Supports postings to most of the popular blog sites – Blogger, metaWeblog or MovableType APIs
Users can share selected documents with other Writely users allowing groups to collaboratively edit documents.
Check out their blog as well.